5.29.2014

salted caramel peanut butter cups


Things are all of a sudden moving quickly. Boxes are being packed. Belongings are being sold. Memories are being remembered. Goodbyes are being said. And time is being savored. 

The thought of what the next few weeks and months hold send my mind spinning. I'm overjoyed, excited, and relieved to be heading home. But when you're in one place for two and a half years, there's something still there, pulling you back, asking you to please not leave. 

I have difficulty falling asleep at night, reliving old memories of game nights with friends, pool parties, and singing in the streets past dark. But those memories fade to gray and I'm brought to now; the reality that things have changed since then. The thought of going back home, starting over, and beginning a new journey sends shivers down my spine. I can't wait. 


These next few weeks, I'm vowing to relish in every moment left here. To soak it all in, tucking these moments away to relive when I'm no longer here, but 9,000 miles across the globe. 

There's a limited amount left of coffee dates with my parents, trips out to see kids who have stolen my heart, peaceful mind-clearing evening runs, and game and movie nights with my family.  It's hard to believe that soon these things will be nothing but used-to-be's. But the future excites me. New adventures, new challenges, new people, new lessons to learn. It's all so exciting to me. 

Please bare with me over the next few weeks and months as my life speeds up and my blog slows down. 


salted caramel peanut butter cups (raw & vegan) 

chocolate coating: 
1/2 c. coconut oil, melted 
3 tbsp. honey/maple syrup
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
dash of vanilla
pinch of sea salt 

peanut butter filling: 
3 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp. honey/maple syrup
1 tbsp. coconut oil

date caramel: 
1/2 c. chopped dates
1 tbsp. honey/maple syrup
dash of vanilla extract

Begin by preparing the chocolate coating, whisking together all ingredients until smooth. If it seems to liquiddy, let chill for a few minutes until it thickens up. Pour into 10 small paper cups, coating the sides. Reserve about 1/3 c. of chocolate and set aside. Place chocolate cups in freezer and chill while you prepare the fillings. First, prepare the peanut butter filling by whisking all ingredients until smooth; set aside. In a small bowl, soak dates in boiling water. Drain and place in a blender. Add sweetener and vanilla and pulse until smooth, adding more water as needed. Take chocolate cups from freezer. Spoon peanut butter filling into each cup and repeat with caramel. Top with remaining chocolate. Chill for 5-6 hours or overnight. Store in freezer. 


Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. O just love peanut butter cups.. and with that caramel they look even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both exciting and sad.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fabulous, Sophie, and I'm delighted to find your beautiful, healthy blog! I love a healthy treat as well and these are right up my alley. I'm visiting from Heidi's blog and I'll be following and cheering you on. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I need these right now! Delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. not how to pay attention to the cheap tiffany uk sale beginning, but more and more hard feeling hard Flanagan. I take a look cheap, just to see cheap tiffany london sale I can not help, tiffany jewellery uk sale physiological responses only. Cheap suddenly felt the back is a hard thing tiffany london sale to withstand, Yin Xiao and drooling mouth, suddenly awakened tiffany london sale tiffany london sale Flanagan iron bar is what.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Under the new law, “If you leave a bruise on a child as a teacher or school employee, that now could be considered child abuse,” she said. air jordan australia The new law also requires regular training for mandated reporters, who are people in certain fields who must report suspected child abuse or face criminal penalties spelled out in the law. The state is making online training available to mandated reporters. KIDDERMINSTER Harriers manager Gary Whild has said the trio of new signings does not mean air jordan shoes australia star winger Marvin Johnson is set to leave the club. The Aggborough outfit have been busy bolstering their small squad with a host of new forward players.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cheap continued with a smile, said the cheap oakley sunglasses uk principal, there cheap oakley sunglasses uk three million, I think you can consider. You have to grasp. cheap oakley sunglasses uk You this is oakley sunglasses sale uk a crime. Principal eyelid jump, could not help watching the cheap oakley sunglasses uk bank card heart. Principal greedy bank card looked like hooligans http://www.witchita.co.uk looking woman Luo body. cheap secretly cursed and said, of cheap oakley sunglasses uk course, I will do what

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by consuming Coconut Fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Including various techniques of gambling, both disadvantages and disadvantages. Various techniques that the gambler should know nunchaku-tech

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I Love it...
    and i thing thats good for you >>


    LUCKY NUMBER Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!